Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stop Calling Me!! FTC's Do Not Call List

So last week, I was inundated with telemarketing calls. It was extremely frustrating and you always know when they are calling because you hear the *pause* and then, "Is Miss Bell there?" Immediately, my defenses turn on. After 3 or 4 calls in 2 days, I decided it's time to register all of my phone #s on the Do Not Call registry that FTC runs. It is an easy, two-step (and now I don't mean country dancing ;)) registration process. It takes just a few minutes, but within 30 days, these #s should not be receiving any more telemarketing calls.

Another piece of advise: Currently, there are not any government backed Do Not Email or Do Not Send Mail lists. I found a few private ones for the mail side, but most of the Do Not Email lists are primarily spammers, which will flood your email box with even more unwanted emails. A Do Not Email list has been proposed to Congress, but so far no action has been taken.

No comments:

The Millennial Financial Coach Team

My photo
www.linkedin.com/in/marymbell